Monday, September 24, 2012

Floating In My Sleep

Strange how sometimes you do something and you have no idea how you done it and can't seem to do it again, no matter how hard you try!

When I was a little kid, I actually could 'float' around the house and check to make sure everyone was safe and asleep in their beds. I specifically remember wanting to see what was on top of the refrigerator and floated on over to see what was there. I seen two plants my Mom had there starting to root in mason jars, a nick knack (a small, white, glass puppy) and other random things.

I told my older Sister that I 'floated' and seen what was up on top of the fridge and she laughed at me. That was, until I told her what was there and she got on a chair and checked. She said I was right and never laughed or made fun of me again when I would tell her what I could do and see.

Now that a lot of time has passed and I think about this, it's strange that I took what I could do and just thought of it as common place.  I only felt embarrassed when she laughed at me and just thought she didn't want me to do it because she could do it. She was never able to do it but I didn't find this out for another few years.

I would really like to figure out why I was able to do this and why I can't now. I've read different reasons that people can have an 'out of body experience' and a lot of different ways to do it.

Relaxing your body and letting your body 'sleep' but not your mind is one way I have read to do this. Assuming that I could relax enough and not fall asleep, this might be a possibility but for me pretty impossible at the time. As soon as I sit or lay down and relax, I'm out!

Tramatic experiences can cause people to leave their physical body. I am not going to talk a lot about my childhood, but being an adult, thinking back to when I was a kid, there were things that had happened that I also thought were just common place and would terrify any little kid.

I have been researching and trying my hardest to see if I can 'float' or have an 'out of body experience' and if I ever accomplish that, I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment