Saturday, September 29, 2012

My First Visit to a Psychic

So you've never gone to see a psychic but you're curious to know what it's like and what to expect. I'll share my very first visit to one with you.

 A really good friend of mine asked if I wanted to go with her to a psychic fair with her. Since I had never went to one and she just told me to wait and see what was there and that she would show me around.

The first thing we did when we got there was stop at a table where they charged a fee to get in. (Not all have a cover fee.)  Then there was a list of people that were there such as internationally certified mediums, clairvoyants, psychics and fortune tellers, palm readers, tarot card readers, alternative healing and reiki. There were more but I didn't write them down and can't remember them all off of the top of my head.

She told me at the main table, you sign in and schedule a time to visit with the person of your choice. Since I really was kind of lost and didn't know exactly what each person might do, I told her I would walk around and take a look at everything first.

There were a lot of tables set up, kind of like going to a craft show but instead of crafts they were selling books that seemed very interesting to me, tarot cards, crystals and gem stones, jewelry, candle warmers that were quite unique, candles, incense, essential oils, clothes and other things that you just can't find at your local department store. Actually I spent more money shopping at the booths than I did when I went to visit with my chosen psychic.

While I was walking around checking things out, I was walking past some of the psychics and the advice my friend gave me was to tell me to try to get a feeling of someone that I would be comfortable sitting and talking with and go back to the front table and read which people did what things and choose that way. That is what I did!

I got my reading but at first, I felt a little apprehensive, didn't know if I really wanted to know what someone else might know about me that I didn't already know about me or maybe not want to acknowledge.What was I going to learn or find out about me?

I was first asked by the person I chose, what I wanted to know. My mind drew up a blank, I wasn't exactly sure what I was supposed to ask and I wasn't really sure just what it was that I might want to know, so I just shrugged my shoulders and told her I really didn't have a clue. She proceeded to tell me about certain little things about my recent past that sounded like she might know someone that knew me well. I was starting to sweat a little. Next she said I had to make a choice, there were two men in my life, one had anger issues and he was the one I should not choose, he was trying to hide his anger issues but I had seen little things that should tip me off as to which one it was. She seen a life decision that I recently had to make, it was a tough choice that I had made and I was struggling now but wouldn't struggle and that within a year or two I would have a different outlook on life, my lifestyle would change and not to worry because these were good changes. I had my session recorded for future reference so I didn't have to try to remember what she told me later and I wanted to see if she was pretty much on track a couple years from that day.

Most of what she had said was right. What she told me surprisingly enough to me was pretty much right on. This was almost six years ago and I still have the recording from my very first reading.

Would I go again to see a psychic? I have and although I mostly just go to go shopping for unique items, I have found that it's more interesting and fun if I get a reading done. I think one day I just might experiment and try a person that does reiki next time. I've been told how awesome it is and that it really does work!

No comments:

Post a Comment